The Protection Division’s chief info officer and the commander of U.S. Cyber Command teamed up as we speak to acknowledge greater than two dozen people and groups who contributed to the development of departmentwide info know-how objectives.
Among the many areas these people and groups excelled in are cybersecurity; info enterprise; cloud computing; electromagnetic spectrum superiority; command, management and communications; digital data administration; and Part 508 compliance efforts.
John Sherman, the DOD’s CIO, stated the work division personnel do inside the info know-how realm, together with the work performed by these acknowledged, is in the end to help the warfighter.
“Once we discuss computing and knowledge and data, that is actually about determination benefit — so our warfighters can keep one step forward of those that would search to problem us on a battlefield, at present now in locations like Syria, or probably sooner or later in locations just like the Western Pacific or Japanese Europe,” Sherman stated. “That is why we come to work and do what we do each single day, and work via these very arduous technical issues.”
These being acknowledged, Sherman stated, have helped the division remedy a few of these arduous technical issues, and have been acknowledged for approaching issues otherwise.
“[They] are ensuring, as america navy, we’re staying forward of these potential challengers,” Sherman stated.
Military Gen. Paul M. Nakasone, who serves as each the commander of U.S. Cyber Command and as director of the Nationwide Safety Company, stated these acknowledged contribute to his personal group’s capability to do their work.
“The awardees as we speak symbolize the division’s prime expertise as we’re driving in the direction of a data-centric group that’s frequently main innovation, Nakasone stated. “Because the DOD knowledge technique acknowledges, knowledge actually is a strategic asset, like a weapon system that may create and preserve battlefield benefit — info that’s correct, well timed and positively actionable. Your work to help the warfighter and senior policymakers and intelligence leaders permits my command, U.S. Cyber Command and the Nationwide Safety Company, to make use of knowledge and data to quickly drive operational results at velocity, and scale.”
Nakasone stated because the Protection Division, and companies such because the NSA and U.S. Cyber Command work to fulfill the challenges posed by strategic rivals corresponding to China, their work is concentrated on supporting the core rules embodied within the Nationwide Protection Technique: built-in deterrence, campaigning and constructing an everlasting benefit.
“The command and NSA can solely meet these long-term targets along with your continued innovation,” Nakasone stated. “Thanks for what you have performed. Thanks for what you’ll do. And thanks for the long run that you’ll convey to our division.”
As a part of the 2022 DOD Chief Data Officer Annual Awards for Cyber and IT Excellence, each groups and people have been both named recipients of awards, or for honorable mentions. These honored embody:
Particular person Awards
- Military Maj. Robert Killian, Military Nationwide Guard
- David Tucker Sr., United States Military
- Air Pressure Workers Sgt. Sandra Blakeslee, Nationwide Safety Company
Particular person Awards Honorable Mentions
- Air Pressure Tech. Sgt. Brian Henson, United States Air Pressure
- Kenneth Fort, Missile Protection Company
- Air Pressure Grasp Sgt. Sebastian Zelazny, Air Nationwide Guard
- Christopher Denfeld, Protection Data Programs Company
- Michael St. John, United States Military
- Military Meals Administration Data System Modernization Crew, Protection Finance and Accounting Service
- Division of the Air Pressure Speedy Capabilities Workplace Software program Crew
- Deputy Chief of Workers G-6 Cyber Directorate Military, Undertaking Sentinel RMF 2.0, United States Military
- Deputy Chief of Workers G-6 NC4SI Military 365 Fusion Cell Crew, United States Military
- Protection Industrial Base Vulnerability Disclosure Pilot Crew, United States Air Pressure and Protection Counterintelligence and Safety Company
- Division of the Air Pressure Buyer Relationship Administration MyFSS Crew
Crew Honorable Mentions
- tenth Medical Group Data Programs Crew, United States Air Pressure
- Protection Finance and Accounting Service – Microsoft Azure Migration Crew
- Protection Finance and Accounting Service – Becoming a member of Synthetic Intel Crew
- Ukraine Supplemental Funds Reporting Crew, Below Secretary of Protection (Comptroller)
- Satellite tv for pc Terminal (transportable), Non-Geostationary (STtNG) Crew, United States Navy
- 508 Data Know-how Accessibility Administration Crew, Protection Intelligence Company
- Torch Crew, Protection Intelligence Company
- TARDyS3 Software program Growth Crew, Protection Data Programs Company
- J6 Joint All Area Command and Management Crew, Joint Workers
- Our on-line world Mission Assist Crew, Missile Protection Company
- Particular Operations Forces Cross Assist Aspect Crew, Particular Operations Command