We, the leaders of the Governments of Spain, the US of America, the African Union, the European Union, Colombia, Germany, Indonesia, and Nigeria, having met on September 20, 2022, affirm our dedication to behave with urgency, at scale and in live performance, to answer the pressing meals safety and vitamin wants of a whole bunch of thousands and thousands of individuals around the globe.
Meals methods and world meals safety are at a vital second. The compounded impacts from a world pandemic, rising pressures from the local weather disaster, excessive power and fertilizer costs, and protracted conflicts, together with Russia’s newest invasion of Ukraine have disrupted manufacturing and provide chains and dramatically elevated world meals insecurity, particularly for probably the most susceptible.
We will solely overcome world meals insecurity by working collectively to create revolutionary partnerships – together with worldwide monetary establishments and different key stakeholders – throughout the world neighborhood. We decide to strengthen worldwide cooperation and partnership initiatives between the United Nations and regional and sub-regional organizations in addition to civil society organizations. As of September 20, 2022, over 100 United Nations Member States have endorsed the Roadmap for Global Food Security – Call to Action.
We underscore the necessity to act with sustained urgency and in coordination to satisfy the targets of the 2021 Meals Methods Summit – in addition to to answer instant humanitarian wants and construct extra resilient agriculture and meals methods alongside these seven particular traces of motion:
- Make new, additive monetary donations to key humanitarian organizations to permit for an elevated provision of instant life-saving humanitarian help wherever doable;
- Present, the place doable and as wanted, in-kind donations and obligatory related prices to key humanitarian organizations for transportation and supply of meals commodities based mostly on assessed wants by governments of affected international locations or humanitarian organizations;
- Hold meals, fertilizer, and agricultural markets open and keep away from unjustified restrictive measures, akin to export bans on meals and fertilizer, which improve market volatility and threaten meals safety and vitamin at a world scale;
- Assist a rise of fertilizer manufacturing, the place doable and as wanted, with a view to compensate for shortages, speed up and scale-up fertilizer improvements, assist their advertising, and promote strategies to maximise fertilizer effectivity
- Speed up efforts to assist sustainable agriculture and meals methods, by strengthening agricultural productiveness, notably in probably the most affected international locations to construct their resilience and assist home manufacturing, together with as applicable by efforts to assist an power transition that’s simply and equitable, to make them extra resilient and accessible to producers of all scale, together with small holder farmers;
- Improve investments in analysis and know-how to develop and implement science-based and climate-resilient agricultural improvements, together with seeds, that contribute to constructing sustainable and resilient agricultural sectors and meals methods; and
- Monitor markets affecting meals methods, together with futures markets, to make sure full transparency, and to share dependable and well timed knowledge and knowledge on world meals market developments, particularly by the related worldwide organizations.